Join Our Team
We’re not hiring at the moment
View Taproom Manager Job Description (PDF)
Labyrinth Brewing Company is a growing craft brewery located in the historic district of Manchester, CT. Our welcoming tap room is a key part of our success and it is often the first experience consumers have with our brand. The Tap Room Manager is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the tap room, growing & empowering the tap room team, and always looking for innovative solutions to improve our operation. The Tap Room Manager reports to, and works closely with ownership in order to fully understand the strategic direction and objectives for each week, month, quarter, etc. This role is responsible for directly managing the tap room team (2 shift leads & 3 bartenders), ensuring that all of their daily duties are completed on time and to standards cultivating a positive environment for everyone that comes into the tap room at Labyrinth Brewing Company.
Tap Room Manager Responsibilities
- Maintaining a safe and pleasant taproom environment for customers and staff.
- Create and monitor taproom staff schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels based on sales volume.
- Communicate job expectations to tap room staff; provide additional training to ensure they fully understand all policies & procedures.
- Support the team by supervising the opening/closing duties; cover the bar as needed.
- Handle conflict resolution with customers, vendors, and tap room staff, using good judgment, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Assist with planning, marketing and supervising special events.
- Update and maintain POS system; resolve technical issues.
- Keep an accurate and appropriate inventory of tap room supplies & merchandise.
- Manage cash drawers according to established procedures
Taproom Manager Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age
- 2 years of restaurant, bar, or taproom management experience
- Must be available to work all taproom operating hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Basic familiarity with tablet-based POS systems and other web-based / MS Office software
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to supervise, coach and train tap room team, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
- Comfortable speaking to customers and in large groups
- TIPS Certified (or ability to become certified immediately)
Tap Room Manager Compensation
- Starting wage: $20+ /hr based on experience
- 120 hours PTO (increases with longevity)
- Eligibility for company Health, Dental, & Vision plans after 30 days
- Employee discount on beer & merchandise
Send your resume / relevant work experience to us via email to [email protected]